Mt. Pleasant Workers' Compensation Attorney
Advocating for Those Injured on the Job Throughout Charleston County
Were you injured at work? If so, then you have certain benefits that you
are entitled to receive under South Carolina workers' compensation
laws. At our firm,
Attorney Brian C. Johnson specifically handles workers' compensation cases.
Workers' comp benefits can cover all expenses related to your injury
for the entire duration of your injury. Regardless of who was at fault,
injured workers are eligible to file for workers' comp benefits through
their employers. There are some exceptions to who is eligible, so
contact our workers' compensation lawyers in Charleston County to learn if your case qualifies.
Why Choose Our Workers’ Comp Attorneys in Mt. Pleasant?
40+ Years of Combined Experience
- Evening & Weekend Appointments
- Hands-On, Team Approach to Every Case
- Excellent Client Communication & Accessibility
Learn about what you may be able to recover in a claim.
Set up a consultation with a Mt. Pleasant workers' comp lawyer.
Step-by-Step Guidance Through the Claims Process
Workers' compensation is often a very complicated process that involves
extensive paperwork. Many claims are initially rejected because of minor
mistakes or oversights in the application. Make sure that your application
is prepared thoroughly and accurately. Our team of workers' comp lawyers
can guide you through the process, making it easier for you! We are hands-on
with every aspect of a case,and are always accessible if you have any
questions. We also offer
weekend and evening appointments for your convenience.
What is Considered a Work-Related Injury?
While you may sustain any number of injuries why at work, not
everything is covered by workers' compensation. By definition a workers'
compensation injury is any injury that can be connected in some way to
work requirements or conditions. For example, the following are some of
the different types of work-related injuries that are usually covered
under workers' comensation insurance:
- Being involved in an accident while driving a company vehicle
- Slips, trips and falls that occur in the workplace
- Exposure to dangerous chemicals or subtances that lead to illness or injury
- Repetitive stress injuries caused by repeating the same motions over and
- Aggravation of pre-existing injuries due to workplace environment
- Hearing loss or other sensory loss
- Wrongful death in the workplace
- Stress-related injuries
Even if you may have caused your accident through some negligence of your
own, this does not automatically disqualify you from receiving workers'
compensation benefits for your injuries. However, it's important that
you consult with a professional workers' comensation lawyer to find
out how your actions may affect your case.
Some Of the Benefits You May Be Entitled To Include:
- 2/3 of your average weekly wage while you are out of work, or a partial
payment if you are unable to work a full work week
- Medical mileage reimbursement
- Reasonable medical treatment for your injuries
- Prescription coverage
- Settlement based on a permanent injury or disfigurement
If there is a liable third party involved in your injury, such as a contractor,
vendor, or equipment manufacturer, then our Mt. Pleasant workers'
comp lawyers may be able to help you recover additional compensation.
We can help you determine whether
personal injury action or workers' compensation would be best suited for your situation.
Find out more by speaking with a member of our team.