Mt. Pleasant DUI Lawyer
Providing Experienced Defense for Charleston County
Know what to do if you're arrested for a suspected DUI with the intelligent counsel of Mt. Pleasant DUI defense attorneys at Bluestein Johnson & Burke, LLC. As former prosecutors and police officers ourselves, we are intimately familiar with the intricacies of a DUI case, and are ready to put our experience to work for you. We understand the law, the process, the procedures and how to work within the law to provide a vigorous criminal defense on your behalf.
Consequences For a DUI in South Carolina
When facing a DUI conviction, you are likely at risk for a number of serious consequences. South Carolina is a .08 BAC (blood alcohol content) state. As of this writing, we are the only state in the union to require police officers to videotape a DUI arrest and breath test. An experienced DUI lawyer understands the positive and negative implications of a videotaped arrest and knows how to work within the system while still offering a strong defense.
Consequences for a DUI conviction can include:
- Fines ranging from $400 for a first offense to $6,300 for a multiple offense and more for a felony DUI
- Imprisonment ranging from 48 hours to 90 days for a first offense depending on the Breath Alcohol Content, Felony DUI is up to 25 years
- Driver's license suspension of 30 days for a first offense and longer for multiple offenses or felony DUI
- Other consequences such as the installation of an interlock device in your car, mandatory alcohol treatment, community service, increased insurance rates for a SR-22 policy plus the potential loss of professional certifications
Our goal as your DUI lawyers is to work toward three objectives for you:
- Avoid jail time
- Protect your driving privileges
- Minimize financial consequences
Our Mt. Pleasant criminal defense lawyers do everything in their power to minimize the consequences of your arrest, and help you move forward from this potentially life-altering incident. As a dedicated Charleston County DUI law firm, we aim to both keep the roads safe and to protect your freedoms should your conduct come under scrutiny.
Hands-on level of attention through responsiveness and accessibility.
Offer a referral if you have a legal need that we do not cover.
Communicate with our clients directly and use support staff to assist us.
COLLABORATIONConsult with each other regularly on cases so you benefit from our joint experience