Brian G. Burke
Location: Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
Brian Burke attended the Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina and graduated in 1995. While at the Citadel he served as a senior officer and was a member of the Honor Court and the Summerall Guards. After graduating, he attended the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and worked as a Police Officer in Cayce, South Carolina and Mount Pleasant. While at Mount Pleasant, he attained the rank of Field Training Officer and taught police academy graduates how to implement their classroom learning into the real world.
Brian decided to attend law school after a back injury ended his law enforcement career. While at the University of South Carolina School of Law, he served as the American Bar Association Law School Representative and worked at the National Advocacy Center and for a solo practitioner focusing on real estate law and litigation. He was also on the Dean's List.
After graduating from law school he clerked for The Honorable James C. Williams of the South Carolina Circuit Court for a one year term. He then returned to Mount Pleasant and worked at two area law firms before joining Bluestein and Johnson and forming Bluestein, Johnson & Burke, LLC.
Now, Brian focuses on helping clients in all areas of criminal defense and family law. He is a member of the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce and Christ Our King.
- Member South Carolina Bar, Charleston County Bar, South Carolina Association
- Criminal Defense Lawyers, South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association
- Attended National College DUI Defense two years
- Phi Delta Phi
Law School Honors:
- ABA Student Representative
- Dean's List Recipient
- Phi Delta Phi
- Palmetto Law Society
Law Enforcement Experience:
- DUI Detection
- FBI Interview and Interrogation
- Radar (Speed Enforcement) Certified
- Field Training Officer
- Cadet Officer
- Honor Court Representative
- Summerall Guard
- Commandant's List and President's List
Areas of Practice
- HIPP v. SOUTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES, 673 S.E.2d 416 (Supreme Court 2009)
- Town of Mount Pleasant v. Henderson
- M & M GROUP, INC. v. HOLMES, 666 S.E.2d 262 (Supreme Court 2008)
Past Employment Positions
Judge James C. Williams, Jr. of the
South Carolina Circuit Court, Attorney
Hands-on level of attention through responsiveness and accessibility.
Offer a referral if you have a legal need that we do not cover.
Communicate with our clients directly and use support staff to assist us.
COLLABORATIONConsult with each other regularly on cases so you benefit from our joint experience